My Grandma Patricia Eve Williams Holbrook was reunited with the love of her life on Feb 9, 2009. I can only imagine the reunion that took place that night after being apart from each other for almost 5 years. I'm so glad they were able to be together on Valentines Day!
Ben Ford Holbrook and Pat Williams met on a rainy day and began what would be a romance that would match no other. they were married on March 22, 1950 and sealed for time and all eternity. 54 years later my grandma would say "he still gives me butterflies when he walks into the room".
Together they raised 9 children, 39 grandchildren and 52 great grand children. they traveled the world, cheered on the UTES, took flying lessons, climbed every pyramid, visited every archaeological zone in Latin America, were rescued by a seaplane north of the Arctic Circle, were caught in the middle of a political assassination in Guatemala, had their boat hit by a whale while fishing off the coast of panama, lived in Ecuador for four years, were caught in a landslide in the Andes mountains, panned for gold,visited the Indians in the amazon and volunteered at schools and orphanages in Ecuador. In between all those amazing adventures she still had time to change diapers, do laundry, prepare meals, chauffeur kids, needlepoint, serving as a guide on Temple Square, skiing, serving on the Women's Endowment Board of Primary Children's Hospital, doing genealogy work, watching hundreds of wrestling matches, track meets, basketball and football games. At Davis high she was called the orange lady because she would bring sliced oranges to every meet.
My Grandma loved life. Her legacy to her family is her love of our lord and savior and her testimony of his everlasting gospel.
4 comments:
Heather I am so sorry for your loss! What an amazing woman!
Heather - what a sweet tribute to your Grandma! I didn't know her, but it sounds like she was an amazing woman. I'm sorry for your loss, but like you said, what a great reunion for them!
She is such a cute lady! I am sorry she is gone, but glad she could reunite with her true love.
hey heath I am so jealous!! have so much fun and send hal down whenever, we should be around!!!
Post a Comment